Bulk SMS is one of the most common ways of marketing in Nigeria and globally, although it is underrated. There are over 200 million mobile phones registered in Nigeria and 92 million of these registered phone numbers are not connected to the internet so SMS and mobile marketing are one of the most effective ways to communicate and engage these people.
It’s no news there’s a continuous rise in mobile messaging applications, SMS (Short Messaging Service) still proves irresistible, convenient and affordable for businesses to get across with their customers. This strategy has never failed to deliver its input in promoting businesses.
Countless opportunities abound in bulk SMS and mobile marketing. The average open rate for emails is somewhere between 20-30%. In comparison, Bulk SMS has an open rate of 98%. Below are some of the ways you can promote your business with bulk SMS marketing in 2019:
Offer Benefits & Incentivize People
The potential return on investment here is too attractive to let go of, making it easier for businesses to promote their products/services and even support their operations with irresistible offers that draw customers in. maximize the benefit of your SMS campaign by dedicating time to crafting effective messages. Check out an SMS example below:
“Merry Christmas!!! Celebrate by taking an extra 20% off on purchase of our finger-licking Sharwama”
Every customer wants to feel loved, let them understand they are your VIPs and they are valued. Send exclusive event reminders to your customers, along with consumer appreciation coupons on their birthdays or special occasions. Check out an SMS example below
”Dear Funmi, here is wishing you a birthday and many prosperous years ahead, From all of us at Tanet Enterprise”
- Appointment Reminders
In a business where you have to arrange appointments with your customers, a simple appointment reminder text helps you stay organized and enhances the customer experience.
Hello Josephine, we wish to remind you of your hair appointment at 2.p.m. We can’t wait to host you. Warm Regards, Pankere @theZibaSalon.
4. Use CTAs (Call-To-Action)
The goal is to keep customers engaged, CTAs helps in achieving that. It helps customers value, read and act on the texts.
Here are some CTA samples;
- Click here – Sometimes you have more information for your customers and don’t have enough SMS space, in that case, a ”click here” button will provide a link to necessary details.
- Text-to-Win– A lot of customers would be interested in winning a prize or gift. This increases customers engagement, and it’s an effective way to remind customers of your business and continue promoting sales.
- Buy-Now – this is a perfect and tempting CTA Button for promoting your business. It makes it easier for customers to make a purchase.
Be careful not to create long texts, it can distract recipients, and they most likely won’t engage with your communication. Get to the point! Make it a clear and concise message.
Still wondering why you should use Bulk SMS for your business marketing? Here are some benefits:
- SMS helps your business stay connected with your customers, by offering ongoing services and creating upselling opportunities.
- SMS will boost customer value and engagement.
- SMS ads are free from advertising and spam, unlike other marketing applications that are usually overrun by advertising and spam.
- Customers are more likely to purchase your products if the messaging is appropriate and personal.
- SMS personalizes your marketing messages.
Want to send SMS? Get started with us by signing up on hexalsms.com.ng. It takes a few seconds to register and begin sending your messages. start enjoying the unlimited benefits of Bulk SMS today!